What is Malware?
Malware is a harmful piece of software. This includes viruses or other Trojans that are designed to disrupt your computer.
How do I know if I have Malware on my Computer?
Anytime your computer is acting “weird” it is always a good idea to have it checked out. Some signs of a malware infection include:
- New toolbar(s) in your browser (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, etc.)
- Pop-up messages
- DNS errors – This will cause your Internet searches to be redirected to a site that you were not expecting to go to
- Error messages when opening your web browser
- Your home page suddenly changes
- Windows “application error” messages being displayed
- Your computer seems to be running extremely slowly
- Strange new icons / shortcuts appear on your desktop
What can I do if I have Malware?
If you suspect that you have Malware on your computer, do not delay in giving us a call. Malware will multiply on your computer, causing even more problems, if left unchecked.
How can I stop Malware?
While there is no one perfect product that can stop malware infections, we have a variety of solutions that we can use to minimize your chances of having repeat infections. It is always a good idea to keep your browser, operating system, and anti-virus programs up-to-date. The browser and operating system updates patch “holes” within the application that hackers can use to disable your anti-virus program and take control of your computer.